Friday, September 12, 2008

The Wedgie Epidemic


I am a typical girly girl. I like lacy bras, body butters, and I own about 20 different shades of pink nail polish. I love cute underwear... but sometimes, the cute ones can be uncomfortable. A thong is fine at first... but don't wear one to an all-day work thing (I'm just saying). Ruffles, strings, frills, latches (I have said too much)... they look cute on the tushie, but after about an hour I'm dying for my comfy cotton undies. But even the most comfortable of underpants sometimes produce... (slight pause as everyone nods knowingly)... the dreaded wedgie. Yuck.

When I first saw the commercials for the new Hanes "Wedgie-Free" underwear, I giggled. Mostly because I love Sarah Chalke and think she is hilarious. Also because the word "Wedgie" is pretty funny. But I decided to give them a try. First I bought the briefs, which my husband promptly dubbed "the granny panties." Um, no thanks. The next time, I bought the bikinis (with the ComfortSoft waistband)... wow. That's all I have to say is... wow. They are SO comfortable, it feels like you're wearing nothing! And they come in all colors and patterns, so you can still be your cute self (even my hubby likes 'em!). I bought one pack and went back for another soon after (yeah, they're that great). And I'll definitely be buying more. They offer the cuteness that we girly girls need, but with the comfort of a "granny panty." And the "Wedgie Free" guarantee? Totally legit. No pickin' here, girlfriends!

Hanes.com offers a lot of other options, too. Next time I'm totally going for the Low Rise String Bikinis or the Low Rise Hipsters.

Don't get me wrong- my sexy underwear are still around, and they will be worn on those special occasions. But for everyday comfort, pass the Wedgie-Free undies!

Verdict? Fresh!
Damage? About $6 for a 3-pack at Wal-Mart or Target... can't beat that!

4 comments:

Michelle Boyd said...

I love the post!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

bought the bikinis as advertised. The comfort soft waistband is no joke- they are so comfy! But I am afraid even the bikini style is quite Granny-rific... but put through a series of rigorous tests, the no-wedge theory stands.

Lauren said...

Beth! I wonder if that means I am a) oddly shaped, or b) in denial. Because mine don't look terribly granny (not "sexy," but still cute!). But yeah, I am all about the comfort... the price to pay for no more pickin'! Next time I am going for the low rise hipsters or string bikinis. Ow ow!

Fresh or Fusty? © 2008 | Coded by Randomness | Illustration by Wai | Design by betterinpink!